The process cannot access the file error

• In one of my SQL servers 2019 on premise, I see in event log there is a warning like below, what could be issue, we are not using Azure SQL, and this is on premise SQL server, what could be wrong? Thanks

Event 56053 Microsoft SQL server Extension Agent.

EventData

[Warning] ExtensionHandlerHeartbeatStatusWriteError: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (The process cannot access the file 'C:\Packages\Plugins\Microsoft.AzureData.WindowsAgent.SqlServer\1.1.2406.45\status\0.status' because it is being used by another process.) ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Packages\Plugins\Microsoft.AzureData.WindowsAgent.SqlServer\1.1.2406.45\status\0.status' because it is being used by another process. at System.IO.FileSystem.DeleteFile(String fullPath) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.ExtensionUtility.JsonSerializationUtility.Serialize[T](T source, String filePath) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlServerHandler.ExtensionHandler.WriteStatusToDisk(List`1 status, Int32 statusNumber) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlServerHandler.ExtensionHandler.WriteStatusFile() at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlServerHandler.ExtensionHandler.QueryStatusHeartbeat() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlServerHandler.ExtensionHandler.QueryStatusHeartbeatWorker(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

• Sure sounds like someone tried to enable Azure Arc or something similar. You sure you don't have anything going there?

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• I am not aware of we are using Azure in this computer.

But I did a search about the service you mentioned about Azure Arc, maybe it is something on the OS level to manage virtual machines in a Azure connected active directory environment? not sure.

Will check with our system operation team.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply