The Power Hour

• Another day at TechEd and we're dragging a little. The show itself shows no sign of slowing down, but I'm getting a little old to run for 16 hours at a conference trying to learn new things. Still there was a highlight today.

One of the last sessions on Wednesday was the BI Power Hour, an experimental sessions presentation from Bill Baker and his BI team. He's in charge of Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Notification Services, and Integration Services. Basically all of the add-on services.

He told us that there would be no lecture, just a couple slides, mostly in fun, and just demos. And lots of T-shirts, Frisbees, and beach balls given away. The room was large, with about 200 or so people attending. In between the demos, the 2nd slide came up with a countdown from 3 and "T-Shirt Toss" listed as the title 🙂

The demos were good, about 8 of them with the various developers racing through them, trying to get their part complete. Brian Weckler's Hangman game built on Reporting Services was pretty funny. Donald Farmer's had a couple very interesting demos on various data flow tasks in Integration Services, and more.

Before each one, Bill took the opportunity to introduce in a humorous way and poke some fun at each of the team members. It was a good time, all in fun, and one of the most entertaining sessions I've ever seen. Bill's a great speaker if you get the chance to hear him, but this style was great.

Steve Jones

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Steve,

absolutely nothing to do with SQL, but you have a nifty piccy of what looks like a Porshe above the title of Forum Administrator - whereas my posts have ????. Can you tell me which part of the profile controls that image?

Rgds,

Paul Ibison

Paul Ibison
    Paul.Ibison@replicationanswers.com

• Open profil then click My Avatar

between "Your Signature" and "Profil picture"

• Actually, now that I see them side-by-side I notice that this is the Profile picture and there's no white box at all for your posts. Hmmm - anyway, please can you tell me what to edit.

Paul

Paul Ibison

• Thanks Remi, but isn't my avatar the Yin/Yang symbol?

Paul

Paul Ibison

• Yes just like the car is his, he just doesn't have the ????? box he's an administrator.. or past 5k posts??

• Perhaps it is a bug. I've seen 'Newbie' , '50 posts', '100 posts' and '????'. Perhaps it is automatically generated by the site, apart from administrators, however Morpheus (30 posts) has an image (not in the Avatar position) http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=7&messageid=132342. What's the secret?

Paul Ibison

• No clue... keep me posted .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply