The permissions granted to user 'Domain name\Username' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

• Hi,

I am getting the error whicn accessing the SSRS report

Some user access the report and other are not access the report and this error message was given below.

The permissions granted to user 'Domain name\Username' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

• have you verified that these users do in fact have the appropriate permissions to access the report?

Is there any difference in group memberships between the users that can and user that can access the report?

How have you configured the security for both the web server, the Reportserver access controls as well as the connection information in the datasource?

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Hi ,

reportserver secuirty was integrated windows,

and report manager have also integrated windows secuirty,

datasource connection string with SQL server secuirty

• reportserver secuirty was integrated windows,

and report manager have also integrated windows secuirty

With that information, that is where you need to look. It's complaining about a domain Username so check the reportserver and report manager security setups. You need to make certain that the users all exist within the approrpaite domain security groups based on the way you set up the security for the report server. For example, if you have a domain Security group called report_users and that group has access to the server, make sure everyone that needs that access level is included in that group.

You need to figure out what is different about the accounts where a user can access your reports and those who cannot. Most likely they just aren't in a group they need to be in.

Also when reviewing this, think about other things like if the users that can access the reports have admin access (i.e. yourself) which will over ride the group memberships.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• How to create new group and how to add user in that group who need to access report

• I take it you don't manage your domain's active directory. If I were you I'd get the people responsible for that involved.

To ease the management of your server, I would suggest a group for your normal users and one for those who need admin/publisher access to the report server. These are setup in active directory and then the users are added to those groups as needed. It makes life so much easier.

Then you log into your reports manager and configure the appropriate security settings for the 2 groups. It takes a bit more work to set up but once you do this you never have to worry again. All you do is keep adding and removing users from the 2 AD security groups.

-Luke.

• that means only the group\user are added in report manager who belong to active directory,

I have on group 'SuperUser' and 'Out side sales group' in active directory

Super user group are able to access but

out side sales group user does not able to access the report.

can you give step by step solutions ,please

• It's somewhat difficult for me to tell you how to run your network... At least I personally wouldn't want someone to do that for me, so I can't give you step by step instructions.

It seems your SuperUSer group is able to access the reports because they are int he administrative group of the machine that hosts the reports.

Obviously this is not the proper security level for your outside sale poeple so you do not want to add them to that group.

What you do want to do is read this

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156014%28SQL.90%29.aspx

It does a pretty decent job of walking you through reporting services security and includes links to a tutorial that gives examples in a much better manner than I can by trying to remember how I set it up. It also discusses some best practices and such.

But in a nutshell you need to setup a role for the outside sales group and grant them the appropriate permissions on your report server to view and run reports etc.

-Luke.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply