The maximum simultaneous user count of 1 licenses for this server has been exceeded.

• I am getting the below error when I connect to SQLServer by ISQLW.,

Msg 18458, Level 14, State 1:Server 'Microsoft SQL Server':

Login failed- The maximum simultaneous user count of 1 licenses for this server has been exceeded. Additional licenses should be obtained and registered via the Licensing application in the NT Control Panel.

SQL Server configured with " Per server for 0 concurrent connections", now I have changed it to the "Per Seat"

But still getting the same error message.

Appreciate any help on resolving this.

- S SIVAPRASAD

Sivaprasad S - [ SIVA ][/url]http://sivasql.blogspot.com/[/url]

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I am getting the same error - except on 10 licenses... tried the same stuff you did and nothing's worked - in my case, as soon as the 11th person tries to go login - they get the connection failed... maximum simultaneous ... etc message ...sigh .. As much as I hate to do it - I'm about to call MS on a pay-per-incident cuz this error is a major pain and I can't seem to figure out why it's happening ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Leslie

• Leslie,

Don't call MS....you have a license that allows 10 connections, so of course the 11th connection will fail. It doesn't matter if there are 9 users actively using the database. If one person made a connection and hasn't closed it, that's still 10 CONNECTIONS.

-SQLBill

• SIVAPRASAD,

What does you license cover? Is it Per Seat or Per Processor? I'm guessing it's Per Seat....when you set up your SQL Server how many seats did you say to allow?

-SQLBill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply