The following error is occuring when deploying.....

• Hi Guys,

I am using SSRS 2005 (SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES 2005) to create a report.

Here is my scenario:

I am using datasource as SSAS cube which is on SQL SERVER 2000 (i.e cube is on SQL SERVER 2000).

Its absolutely running perfectly when I run the report with in the solution i.e when i click preview tab and view , its working fine.

But, when I deploy it I am getting the following error :

An error has occurred during report processing.

Query execution failed for data set 'data set1'.

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

(There is also another report which I created using SSAS cube as datasource which is on SQL SERVER 2005 (i.e. cube is on SQL SERVER 2005), its working fine and after deploying also the report is generating successfully.)

Any ideas????Is it a problem using SSAS 2000 cube as a datasource for creating a report in SSRS 2005???

Thanks,

• Hi..:)

Regards frend!!

Well, did u try storing Credentials to access the concerned data source Cube where it is (On the system)....??

Please try giving valid credentials user name / password and do check an option "Use it as Windows Credentials" Checkbox...and try running the report again..

I hope, it should work..!!

If it doesn't, will try some other techniques...

Thanks,

Niraj

• Hi Niraj,

Yeah I was doing in the same way which you mentioned in your post,

but no luck.Getting the same error.

Any other suggestions please????

• Can you access the SQL server 2000 cube through excel spreadsheet.

• Hi Reportmaker....

Yes, I can access SQL 2000 cube through Excel........

Thanks...

• Can you check the server you are deploying the report on has adequate permissions to connect to the OLAP 2000 database

Also please check the data source has been mapped correctly... after dpeloying the report on server.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply