• Steve Jones - SSC Editor

SSC Guru

Comments posted to this topic are about the item The File Path

• Stewart "Arturius" Campbell

SSC Guru

Nice one, thanks Steve

• mike.sortino

Mr or Mrs. 500

My choice would have been to use forward slashes ('/') instead of back slashes.  That works in most languages, even on Windows, but I haven't used Python in years, so I can't swear to it.  The raw string (r) should work fine, as long as there is no trailing '\' in the path.

• ManicStar

SSCoach

Love it! My 'maker hobby' helped me answer a Q on SSC.  Been programming in Python a lot lately getting some LED controller hubs to talk to REST services.  My spouse was less than impressed with my pretty lights blinking different colors in response to being hooked up to Cheerlights, which responds to requests via Twitter.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor

SSC Guru

ManicStar - Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:52 AM

Love it! My 'maker hobby' helped me answer a Q on SSC.  Been programming in Python a lot lately getting some LED controller hubs to talk to REST services.  My spouse was less than impressed with my pretty lights blinking different colors in response to being hooked up to Cheerlights, which responds to requests via Twitter.

That's neat. I thought about doing something like that in the kids rooms. A light as a notifier that I'm trying to get them to come downstairs

• ManicStar

SSCoach

Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Wednesday, March 28, 2018 8:02 AM

ManicStar - Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:52 AM

That's neat. I thought about doing something like that in the kids rooms. A light as a notifier that I'm trying to get them to come downstairs

You could have it be different colors: Red: Get down here NOW: Yellow: Get down here...Dinner: Green: Allowance Time!

• dstrickrott

SSCommitted

Nice question. Thanks Steve.

• gayaneavanian

SSC Veteran

Should not the answer be

r'D:\SQLServerBackup\MSSQL13.SQL2016\MSSQL\Backup'

instead of

r'D:SQLServerBackupMSSQL13.SQL2016MSSQLBackup'?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply