The Debacle Continues

• Nextel is just as fun....

On a different tangent, if you can get in touch with someone high enough maybe you could propose acting as a consultant to outline a technical rearchitecture to solve the problem. Just a thought....

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• A typewriter?!?!!

Ahh those fond memories of high school essays and papers. I rarely even write long hand these days, although my wife does so for letters to our kids.

It's been two weeks since the refund was supposedly submitted, so I think that's ample time for a retailer to get a refund through their processor. They had no trouble charging me that day and having that come through in two days. I've also been to Home Depot twice since then to return things (and but more ), and those refunds have come through.

I wish I could get in touch with someone high up. The lady at the call center said she was the supervisor there and she couldn't do anything. I can't get the manager of the store on the phone and Sears corporate is nicely hidden behind the call centers. I think a registered letter to Aylwin Lewis, President and CEO, along with any other names I can find. Maybe I'll even write it longhand so they don't have any technology in the way

I'd love to be a consultant with them and help them get better. I really think they could be the best retailer in the country again. But I wouldn't want to spend the time.

• You don't hold a grude or anything, do you?  Between Sears and Sony and who knows what other retailers/manufacturers, your list of options for consumer purchases is slowly starting to shrink.

• Now if you will provide us with your credit card number, expiry date and last three digits on the back, social insurance number, dob, and mothers maiden name, I'll assure you I'll get your balance changed.

Maybe you should see if Sears or Sony will advertise on the site and double bill them. =)

• Don't know about Sears but I want the "records to show" that of all the companies I've ever had to deal with SYMANTEC HAS GOT TO BE THE VERY WORST!!!

Ran that d&^n liveupdate - p.c crashed so loud and hard it could be heard for miles around - took me 4 days to reinstall, recover, update, upgrade etc...now I'm trying to reinstall Norton (seeing as I was stupid enough to pay for a subscription renewal)and everything from finding an 800# for customer service to dealing with people who border on the moronic is DRIVING ME INSANE!!!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• I'm definitely running low on retailers I like.

I don't run off upset at every little thing. In fact, I wasn't even annoyed that it took an hour and a half in the store to "supposedly" get the refund done. I understand things break and it was more that I was amazed their systems weren't in line with each other.

Even if I had to call back and have someone resubmit the refund, I'm ok with that. It's annoying, but stuff happens. But to have them unreachable and then the national lady say she's an "executive" with the call center and there's nothing she can do tourques me.

Sony I think just has taken a wrong turn since Akito Morita is no longer in charge of the company. The rootkit debacle is just wrong and I wish that lots of people would avoid their products and buy Panasonic, LG, JVC, etc. Teach them all a lesson there.

Ah well, I still have Best Buy, Circuit City, Woodcraft, etc. for now.

• Well doesnt everyone like software like they like their women: cheap and easy to use.  So dont be surprised when they let you down or go arye.

Kidding aside: they have replaced the liveupdate if you are having trouble. The 'newish' live update is more of a separate app rather than the one built into it.   It could be though you might have a bad sector in the disk which is killing the AV program.

One other thing is you actually might be infected by a virus.  Their default setting for scanning ( here is where the rocket scientist in symantec shines) does not include by default expanded threats.  You need to change that in the 'scan' settings and then do a thorough scan of the drive.

I have a lot of experience as 'virus guardian' for our domains.  I'll help if I can. 

Off the top of my head though there will be registry editing involved.

And Steve honestly at one time it could take possibly years for a 'craftsman' to build whatever you wanted off of a kiln and metal working tools; maybe we are heading back to those days.

• Steve

I totaly agree with you on this. I also am no longer a Sears customer because of similiar issues. I would love to buy Craftsman tools but Sears service sucks so bad I don't feel that it is a good investment.

• Why are you complaining so bitterly about Sears, etc when Microsoft is also such a pain?

MS can't ship the new XBox(not that I want one), continued delays and security issues with operating systems, and other software.

Where's your outrage?

Why don't you boycott MS?

I use MS products because the vendor whose product we use requires MS SQL 2000.

Greg H

• Good point. However Microsoft has great service, some of the best I've seen in 15 years in the industry. They and Cisco deliver.

The XBOX shortage is to be expected a little with the hype and if I were in the market for one, I'd probably be a little ticked off. But I didn't complain when I ordered a saw from Sears and they didn't have it. I understand there will be supply shortages at various times.

My complaint is with their service. With their inability to deal in what I would consider a basic way, with the problems that crop up. I do complain about the security issues with MS, but everyone has those and I do think they are working on them.

• Maybe there should be a SLA for any company that wish to do business.  Like on EBeh.. the rating system... my only problem with EBeh... is it seems to make me feel like a total tool just browsing the site.

And Steve has anyone contacted you and resolved the problem...????

... or come on own up .. the double billing really was a new set of golf clubs or steak knives you just have to prop it up like a credit card error..so the missus don't get too 'noid.

• , I wish. Actually it would be for more tools.

Another wasted call to the store this weekend, but I'll head up there today in person and try to resolve it.

• This post was removed because it prompted the following response.

• I say get Chuck Norris to call, once he has finished roundhouse kicking Robert Sterbal into next week.

"The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Chuck Norris out. It failed miserably."

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

• Well what do you expect! After being bought by Kmart (K = kaput), it won't be long before the doors close. All of the folks that knew anything in the tool section have disappeared. Kmart doesn't employ anyone over 40. Don't expect the air brain junior idiot to help!

Kindest Regards,

The art of doing mathematics consists in finding that special case which contains all the germs of generality.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply