The DBA Boat

• Not directly database related, but if I were naming a boat for something IT-related, "Sea Sharp" comes to mind.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Nice names, and "No RBAR" might be the best one for a boat. Thanks, Jeff.

• @steve-2, for those of us who live West of Denver, Way0utWest is a bit of a misnomer. Why the middle of the country is still considered 'The West' I'll never understand. Nothing quite like 1500 miles to separate The West from The West Coast. 🙂

I liked SeaQL, How about SeaQuill?

If you were in England: 'H. MSSeaQuill'

I'm so clever... in my own mind.

• Dan Guzman - Not the MVP (11/30/2009)

@Steve, for those of us who live West of Denver, Way0utWest is a bit of a misnomer. Why the middle of the country is still considered 'The West' I'll never understand. Nothing quite like 1500 miles to separate The West from The West Coast. 🙂

Unless you intend to submit to Her Majesty's will and claim of ownership over your vessel and fly the White Ensign I would not adopt the HMS tag. Also I assume that the chap is an American and not as daft as the hairdresser in Redmond who, after telling him that she loved his English accent, asked a colleague of mine working at MS what he would be doing to celebrate Independence Day!!!

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Gary Istvan Varga (11/30/2009)

Dan Guzman - Not the MVP (11/30/2009)

@Steve, for those of us who live West of Denver, Way0utWest is a bit of a misnomer. Why the middle of the country is still considered 'The West' I'll never understand. Nothing quite like 1500 miles to separate The West from The West Coast. 🙂

Unless you intend to submit to Her Majesty's will and claim of ownership over your vessel and fly the White Ensign I would not adopt the HMS tag. Also I assume that the chap is an American and not as daft as the hairdresser in Redmond who, after telling him that she loved his English accent, asked a colleague of mine working at MS what he would be doing to celebrate Independence Day!!!

I suppose it would really be funnier for a former Brit, now in the US, to use 'H. MSSeaQuill', and since the name isn't HMS SeaQuill, but H. MSSeaQuill, it shouldn't violate any official rules, though I know nothing about boat naming rules.

Gary Istvan Varga (11/30/2009)

I suppose it would really be funnier for a former Brit, now in the US, to use 'H. MSSeaQuill', and since the name isn't HMS SeaQuill, but H. MSSeaQuill, it shouldn't violate any official rules, though I know nothing about boat naming rules.

Now are you claiming to be a Brit now in the US

OR

a former Brit who is now an American (like the original US citizens - come on guys I'm only joking George vs George was a long time ago!!!!)

Gaz

• Gary Istvan Varga (11/30/2009)

OR

a former Brit who is now an American (like the original US citizens - come on guys I'm only joking George vs George was a long time ago!!!!)

The latter, though technically Irish, which, if memory serves is part of England, but my grand parents are probably spinning in their graves at the mere thought that I would say such a thing.:-)

The latter, though technically Irish, which, if memory serves is part of England, but my grand parents are probably spinning in their graves at the mere thought that I would say such a thing.:-)

Ireland is technically part of the United Kingdoms, but definitely not part of England. UK = England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and (I think) Cornwall. (I know Cornwall is part of it, not sure if it counts as one of the "kingdoms".)

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (11/30/2009)

Ireland is technically part of the United Kingdoms, but definitely not part of England. UK = England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and (I think) Cornwall. (I know Cornwall is part of it, not sure if it counts as one of the "kingdoms".)

Thanks for that GSquared. UK is what I meant.

And no insult meant to any of our UK brethren.

OR

Before Dan and I start a war here are some facts:

Great Britain is comprised of England, Wales and Scotland

The United Kingdom is comprised of Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland), Northern Ireland. Just to confuse matters Britain is an allowed shorthand for the UK whilst Great Britain is not. Also there are a bunch of other places (Overseas Territories) of which most's sovereignty are argued about on the international stage.

I am not prepared to talk politics here. I may or may not have opinions on the sovereignty of these various territories but we should bear in mind that it is not unlikely that people on this forum might have lost a family member or friend fighting for change of sovereignty. I refuse to belittle peoples beliefs into making that sort of struggle, whether I agree with their standpoint or not, into a joke of some kind.

Naming of boats is fair game though.

Gaz

• Data Boat

• Not really an SQL tearm, but I think QOD would make a great name for a boat!

Joe

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply