The data source view does not contain a definition for the 'Column10' column in the table or view.

• Hi

I have migrated SSAS 2000 to SSAS 2005.

One of my linked measure group is passing an error :" The data source view does not contain a definition for the 'Column10' column in the table or view."

Can you please help me to solve this error!!

• I am having the same error and I tried to delete the partition and recreate it but that did not resolve the issue. Did anybody have the resolutions.

Thanks

• I am just adding myself so Iam in the loop to for this problem

• Hi

I know this is bit...

but to unaware of what the problem is .. I just freshly migrated my cubes from SSAS 2000 to SSAS 2005 again and voila the columns were created.

While migartion what happens is some named calculations may get created in the data source view. These named calculations store the expression that is used to build the column. These will be named as columnx starting with column1 in each table. This occurs when you have a member name or member ID for a level that is based on an expression in Analysis Services 2000.

I dont know what the real problem but remigrating them worked for me!

HTH

• My situation arise after I deleted a column from the databese then process the cube and deploy. When I added the column I deleted previous from the database and process the cube that is when I got the error "The data source view does not contain a definition for the "column1" column in the fact table or View.

Column1 is the name of a column.

• Hi.

I had the same error, I fixed it by adding a key to my table that gave me this error in the datasource view.

I hope this helps others.

Regards,

Chris

• I came across the same problem. I can't explain how it happened, but after I removed and added back the affected table in my data source view (and the cube too) it seemed to have fixed it.

• I am just adding myself so Iam in the loop to for this problem

You can use the topic options to subscribe to the topic w/o the requirement to add a comment. I do it often when I don't have anything useful to say but want to learn from others.

• In my case, I had to delete the related measure on the Cube Structure page to get rid of the reference to a column that was deleted in the back end database and data source view.

I found the problem by viewing the code for the objects and searching for the name of the column that was causing the error.

• The below microsoft artical might help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976030

• Mine worked when I deleted the fact table, and recreated it, and then rebuild the cube, and it was all set.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply