The corresponding line is 'new-item -ItemType Directory -Path $path -Force

• Hello,

i thought i had a simple powershell script, its just suppose to check if folder exists, if it doesnt, create it using the name as a date.
    however i get the following error:

A job step received an error at line 9 in a PowerShell script. The corresponding line is 'new-item -ItemType Directory -Path $path -Force  '. Correct the script and reschedule the job. The error information returned by PowerShell is: 'Invalid Path: '\\Lucy\ShareVol\FDB\Archived\04122018'.  '.  Process Exit Code -1.  The step failed.

I run the powershell script manually and it works great, however i run it on SQL Agent... and it fails giving the above error message 🙁

$datetime = Get-Date -uformat "%m%d%Y"$path = "\\Lucy\ShareVol\FDB\Archived\"+$datetime#$path = "\\Lucy\ShareVol\FDB\Archived\"+[datetime]::Today.ToString('MM')+[datetime]::Today.ToString('dd')+[datetime]::Today.ToString('yyyy')If(!(test-path $path)){new-item -ItemType Directory -Path $path -Force}

also same problem for step 2, works fine if i run manually, but run it in SQL agent... it doesnt work:

#$datetime = Get-Date -uformat "%m%d%Y"#$Dest = "\\jupiter\production\FDB\Archived\"+$datetimeMove-Item -Path "\\jupiter\production\FDB\FilesToProcess\*" -Destination $Dest

please help, any input.

A job step received an error at line 6 in a PowerShell script. The corresponding line is 'Move-Item -Path "\\Lucy\ShareVol\FDB\FilesToProcess\*" -Destination $Dest '. Correct the script and reschedule the job. The error information returned by PowerShell is: 'Cannot retrieve the dynamic parameters for the cmdlet. Invalid Path: '\\Lucy\ShareVol\FDB\FilesToProcess'. '. Process Exit Code -1. The step failed.

thanks in advance.

• where are the line breaks?  I ran it putting them where I thought they should go and got no errors...

• that could be the problem, can you show me where to put them? i am new to powershell.

thanks 🙂

• I had to change the path:

$datetime = Get-Date -uformat "%m%d%Y"
    $path = "c:\temp\"+$datetime
    #$path = "\\Lucy\ShareVol\FDB\Archived\"+[datetime]::Today.ToString('MM')+[datetime]::Today.ToString('dd')+[datetime]::Today.ToString('yyyy')
    If(!(test-path $path)){
      new-item -ItemType Directory -Path $path -Force
    }

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply