The communication with the client application

• Hi friends!

What is the best way to notify an application from SQL Server?  For example, when a row is inserted in a stored proc I would like to notify a python client application. The speed of the communication is important.  The idea of sending to a queue using clr seems not reliable according to an information I found.  May be there is a way to use a tcp endpoint or a named pipe but I cannot find any valuable information about it as if it were secret knowledge.

• Do you mean by a stored proc? Or actually when the definition of the stored proc changes?

Is this client application running on the machines of multiple users? Do you need to notify all of them?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Yes, of course by a stored proc, sorry for errors )) The simplest architecture I am considering is the python client application is running on the same machine and there is no need to broadcast a message from SQL Server to multiple users. Just to notify only one python client application, which then sends this message further. May be using queue or something else, it's another story. My main goal is to  notify "something outside SQL Server" as quickly as possible using stored proc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply