The backup of the file or filegroup "sysft_ix_*_SITE" is not permitted.

• dear,

when i take a backup of the database which is using by office portal server , i want to take backup of this data base through job but i failed i got this error

"The backup of the file or filegroup "sysft_ix_Uniparts1_SITE" is not permitted because it is not online. BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include only online data."

hoe can i remove this

please help me....

Vimal Kumar

• Check for any unused FULL TEXT INDEXES on that database. Removing them would help you fix this issue.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Follow Pradeep's advice. Check if you have any offline Full text Catalogs and drop them if they are no longer used or rebuild them if they are needed and then do the backup.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

SQLBuddy

• dear,

tell me where i check the ? i don't have any idea abt that help me please.

Vimal Kumar

• Please spend some time exploring the features available within a database in SSMS.

Here is the screenshot of where you can find the Full Text Indexes.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• I GOT IT THANKS FOR THAT,

NOW I HAVE SOME MORE PROBLEM IT SERVER HAVING pORTAL HERVER AND IT IS USING BY WEB APPLICATION THROUGH ALL OVER THE WORLD.

NOW I GOT THE TEXT FILE INIT IF I DELTE THE FILE IT MAY OCCOUR PROBLEM FOR ACCESING THE SERVER,,

PLEASE ADVISE ME.

Vimal Kumar

• U THERE !

I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY..

Vimal Kumar

• I dont know where the FULLTEXT file will be present .

Please let me know where to find the FULLTEXT file so that I can resolve this problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply