The attribute key cannot be found error

• In trying to figure out my processing from BIDS issue, I decided to delete the SSAS database through Management Studio. I then tried to deploy throughtBIDS....and it worked now.

I then tried adding another entry to my dimProductLine table. This time, when I processed the project in BIDS, it worked.

So, I can only guess that the SSAS database and my BIDS project just weren't working right together. So deleting the database on the server and redeploying the project must have cleaned up what ever the problem was. (Microsoft Bug :P)

And now everyone is happy.

• Thanks for pointing out the null processing on the Dimension Usage tab. I had it configured everywhere else but there and couldn't figure out how to get it to work. That did it! 🙂

• Question Guy (2/5/2010)

In trying to figure out my processing from BIDS issue, I decided to delete the SSAS database through Management Studio. I then tried to deploy throughtBIDS....and it worked now.

I then tried adding another entry to my dimProductLine table. This time, when I processed the project in BIDS, it worked.

So, I can only guess that the SSAS database and my BIDS project just weren't working right together. So deleting the database on the server and redeploying the project must have cleaned up what ever the problem was. (Microsoft Bug :P)

And now everyone is happy.

I have a similar issue. I have a attribute that definitely exists in the dimension (its a Year Month, so I know its there), but its coming across as a missing attribute. It is only this one attribute. I have reprocessed the dimension with no luck (am getting thousands of these errors). Deleted the database from Management studio and re-deployed and processed, still says its missing... hmmm..

• Rick, help us out a little. Need more information:

Is the attribute on board or off board? What field do you have selected as the key? Are there any nulls present in the data? Exactly what is the text of the error message?

Try processing your dimension using only one thread, to help narrow down exactly where the error occurs. Note the SQL statement being generated.

Reminder: if you're using a off board table (snowflake design) like DimTable --> AttributeTable, make sure you use the foreign key from the DimTable (not the primary key from the AttributeTable) as the key for the attribute. Using the primary key, causes MSAS to create an INNER JOIN, which then potentially drops dimension records. It's not obvious at first glance.

• Dave Balsillie (10/25/2011)

Rick, help us out a little. Need more information:

Is the attribute on board or off board? What field do you have selected as the key? Are there any nulls present in the data? Exactly what is the text of the error message?

Try processing your dimension using only one thread, to help narrow down exactly where the error occurs. Note the SQL statement being generated.

Reminder: if you're using a off board table (snowflake design) like DimTable --> AttributeTable, make sure you use the foreign key from the DimTable (not the primary key from the AttributeTable) as the key for the attribute. Using the primary key, causes MSAS to create an INNER JOIN, which then potentially drops dimension records. It's not obvious at first glance.

Thanks for the reply. Its the key field. I found the problem. One of the bright sparks here decided to limit the dimension to the last year.. grrrr.. lol

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply