The Adjacency List Model & Nested Sets

• Hello,

Could someone please explain me that the Adjacency List and Nested Sets structures are used in what cases? Unlike my previous questions, this one is broad and it doesn't have a sample data. I know I ask too much of you, but I would really appreciate if you can lead me to the right point, and even back me up with your comments/examples.

There are numerous subjects that I'm willing to gain an hands-on experience, so the learning curve is steep in some cases and requires some time without having chance in my current working environment. I haven't worked with Nested Sets or Adjacency List and as a result hierarchical data. So, your input is valuable in understanding the subjects that I have no prior experience. 

Thanks

• seismicbeat - Monday, January 30, 2017 6:37 AM

Hello,

Could someone please explain me that the Adjacency List and Nested Sets structures are used in what cases? Unlike my previous questions, this one is broad and it doesn't have a sample data. I know I ask too much of you, but I would really appreciate if you can lead me to the right point, and even back me up with your comments/examples.

There are numerous subjects that I'm willing to gain an hands-on experience, so the learning curve is steep in some cases and requires some time without having chance in your working environment. I haven't worked with Nested Sets or Adjacency List and as a result hierarchical data. So, your input is valuable in understanding the subjects that I have no prior experience. 

Thanks

Perhaps these 2 links will help
    Hierarchies on Steroids #1: Convert an Adjacency List to Nested Sets
    Hierarchies on Steroids #2: A Replacement for Nested Sets Calculations

• @desnorton, thanks for pointing me to the right direction. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply