The 400,000 Member Milestone

• Hit the button too soon. I wanted to add that there are lot of people that feel the same wa and that is what makes this such a successful site!

Once again, Thanks.

MG

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
    Tony Hoare

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." Red Adair.

• Great for SQL Central and the boys who started it.

Great for me as I made the cutoff for SQL Prompt. Looking forward to he email (which hopefully doesn't end up in the junk folder)

I tried SQL Prompt 2 and it was pretty ordinary - as the Red Gate guys will probably admit. So, looking forward to the total rebuild version to see what its got.

Thanks also to those people who post questions and replies. What I like about this place is that people are prepared to share their real world experience in order to help others. That far outweighs any theoretical help file any time.

Regards,

Steve

Life without beer is no life at all

All beer is good, some beers are just better than others

• "Thanks also to those people who post questions and replies. What I like about this place is that people are prepared to share their real world experience in order to help others. That far outweighs any theoretical help file any time."

I couldn't agree more.  Nothing makes you think more than those real cases where all theorical answers go right out the window.

• Thanks to everyone .

Those who answered our questions and those who posted questions for us to answer when we could.

I believe that,this aspect brings the most users to this forum.

Mike

ps Steve The link I had for redgate sqlprompt is not working ....

• Many thanks for the (re)ward. I was an early adopter of PromptSQL (@ 20$ it was worth a try), but my usage had vastly diminished before the Red-Gate purchase. This allows me to reevaluate it's benefit at it's new price point. The product does work slicker (and faster).....but on day one of it's commercial release I've already found a bug!  I hope it's not a sign to come.

Congrats on the growth in the community.  The daily emails are always read.

On side point - in real life communities grow + shrink - as members join and leave/die.  Here it seems to only grow.  Active users (based on last post) + re-visits would give a more accurate idea as to the real size of our knowledge cloud.

Regardless of this....the life, size and active pulse of the community is something to celebrate.

• Steve

Tried replying to your mail on polo shirt, using email that you indicated, got user does not exist error. Is there another address I can use?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I had this problem too

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

• I did as well and this is the email that finally worked - sjones@sqlservercentral.com

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Ya that's a not so obvious anti-spam trick... maybe it was a little overkill in this situation however .

• I guess its better late than never!!!

Congratulations and Thank you very much for your support.

* Noel

• Speaking of better late than never.  Congrats on the 3000th post.

• Did anybody notice SSC passed 1,500,000 members ?

Great job and thank you for the learning opportunities this wonderful resource provides. :kiss:

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply