Text wrapping when exporting to Word.

• Throwing this out to anyone who may have a solution, or have seen this before.  I'm currently creating reports in VS 2017.  Due to the fact that our customers are in a previous version of VS(2014), we have to downgrade the reports into that version.  Recently, we had a request for a form letter to be created, and then have the ability to be exported to Word so the customer could edit the letter when needed.

After creating the letter, then testing, and then finally deploying the letter out on our UAT environment(  Reporting Services version 2014, to thoroughly test before deploying to the client server).  Testing in our environment,  I exported the letter out in Word and everything looks good.  Printing it out, looks fine, on both word and PDF.  When deploying out, it seems to wrap on the client end.   The last couple of words at the end seem to go to the next line.

I know, on our end, we are using MS Word 2013, not sure however, what the client is using.  Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

• I am assuming a standard letter size - 8.5 x 11.  If so - confirm the pallete size of the report does not exceed 11 - left margin - right margin.  That is...if the margin sizes are set to default .5 in then the pallete size cannot exceed 10in.

Also validate the top/bottom margins...

If all of that is okay then it is probably a data issue and your client has more data than expected.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• To add to Jeffrey's response - the client data may have a newline character in it as well.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply