If I attempt to expand tables via SSMS, I get: "Lock request time out period exceeded".
- When querying tempdb.sys.tables, I’m being blocked pretty much non stop by random SELECT INTO procedures
- I can query tempdb.sys.tables WITH (NOLOCK)
- Why would that block me from viewing data? Uncommitted temp table creations!?
- If I attempt to right click tempdb and view properties, I get: "Property Size is not available for Database '[tempdb]'. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights."
- Definitely not a permissions issue. Database is owned by sa and I can query all the tempdb system properties via TSQL
Any initial starting points would be most welcome. I realize the tempdb is very busy and possibly contentious; however I've never seen this type of behavior before.