Tell Me a Joke

• Unfortunately, most of the stupid news headlines originating in the US these days are entirely true; like the one about [President] Trump appointing his son-in-law Jared Kushner to lead peace negotiations in the Middle East ... ?!!
    Even Trump's own staff are laughing behind his back.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/326831-white-house-staff-pass-around-onion-article-about-kushner

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Nothing very much this year. Some of the newspapers are near believable ones but not worth repeating as outside the UK they would mean very little. My parents always told me the best ever was the BBC's Spaghetti Harvest Hoax (in 1957). A remake using todays technology could have some people head scratching!  🙂

For those interested here it is:- https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=spaghetti+harvest+panorama&view=detail&mid=BE4D45EAE337D00E8BD4BE4D45EAE337D00E8BD4&FORM=VIRE

• kerry_hood - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:01 AM

Gary Varga - Monday, April 3, 2017 3:25 AM

April Fools were disappointing by their absence this year. I love both spotting them and falling for them. I also enjoy a bit of Schadenfreude when I see people being suckered who lack the sense of humour or humility to see the funny side of falling for a clever prank.

Sorry, this year, in the UK, they were cracking, IMO. We were nearly convinced by the idea that a polar bear was wandering around North Uist (in the Shetlands, half way to the arctic circle from most of the UK) except they didn't mention some pertinent details that are obvious if you've been there .  And the idea of George Osbourne having his own line of underwear makes me smile... (perhaps you have be British to find that one funny; just that he's always been such a strait-laced school-boy faced serious politician)

I must have missed these. Or rather, I did miss these. Thanks.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• kerry_hood - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:01 AM

Gary Varga - Monday, April 3, 2017 3:25 AM

April Fools were disappointing by their absence this year. I love both spotting them and falling for them. I also enjoy a bit of Schadenfreude when I see people being suckered who lack the sense of humour or humility to see the funny side of falling for a clever prank.

Sorry, this year, in the UK, they were cracking, IMO. We were nearly convinced by the idea that a polar bear was wandering around North Uist (in the Shetlands, half way to the arctic circle from most of the UK) except they didn't mention some pertinent details that are obvious if you've been there .  And the idea of George Osbourne having his own line of underwear makes me smile... (perhaps you have be British to find that one funny; just that he's always been such a strait-laced school-boy faced serious politician)

Those are excellent, I'm sorry I missed them!  I do read News Thump regularly, so they provide me with plenty of UK/Onion-style chuckles.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• OK, it's a bit late, but here is a good one.

Logitech Introduces High-Resistance Keyboard For Fitness-Minded Typists
    http://www.theonion.com/article/logitech-introduces-high-resistance-keyboard-fitne-55710

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply