Telecommuting DBAs

• Another oops on your list .

• I hope you aren't counting them Remi - you'll run out of fingers and toes long before I stop adding to my oops list...

ps: Unless you're using a 'select count(*)' of course...

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Good news that I know how to use aggregates and how to create simple table .

• As a person being trained by a DBA who telecommutes part-time, I notice at least one drawback to having that DBA unavailable at the wrong time.

• I have soved the SO problem by having my wife tellecomute as well. We both work in an office at home

• Guys

if you can telecommute then offshore your work to India or China by paying 50% of your salary

Kindest Regards,

Amit Lohia

• Hehe... could be worthwhile if you can have 10 jobs at the time .

• I've been a telecommuting DBA since October of 2006 and it's been one of the best experiences in my life. I work with a team of a half-dozen DBAs that are scattered across the country managing 500+ instances of SQL Server. Few times in my life can I remember working with such a great team of people...there just isn't enough nice things I can say about the personal and professional quality of their work. What really makes telecommuting work for us is having management that, once they have you up to speed, trusts you to manage your schedule and work. I'm sure that if you measured my work output before and after telecommuting you'd find that my productivity has increased tremendously. Happy workers make for productive workers and in our field there's little else other than unimaginiative and untrusting management that keeps us all from telecommuting .

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply