Target Recovery Interval and Indirect Checkpoint

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Target Recovery Interval and Indirect Checkpoint

Igor Micev,My blog: www.igormicev.com

• Nice article.

Do you plan on continued testing with different workloads and time frames? Will you publish those results as well?

412-977-3526 call/text

• robert.sterbal 56890 (7/21/2016)

Nice article.

Do you plan on continued testing with different workloads and time frames? Will you publish those results as well?

The workload is pretty much similar during the day, so I could not experiment with quite different workloads on my staging.

The changes are already done on my production environments and I'm satisfied from the improvement. I got similar results on production because we use the same feed (live) there as well.

I'll continue this work with another client that has bigger databases (300 GBs+) so I'll publish other results too, but some time later.

• As robert.sterbal 56890 asked for extra screens from perfmon.exe, I'm doing that again. Now for a 500GB database on a server with even faster disks (15K rpm). The gain is similar as the one in the article.

Before changing TARGET_RECOVERY_TIME:

After changing TARGET_RECOVERY_TIME:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply