Talking baseball

• Updates!

Wow! Royals 7-0, picking up right where they left off last year. Bold prediction... 162-0!

Yanks are hurting on defense, as was expected.

Nats are a little disappointing with the same issues as last year. Great pitching but no offense to back it up, you won't win games when you can't score runs.

I love watching the Cut4 videos on MLB.com. What do you think of Carter Capps' delivery?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• The Royals are certainly getting it done now that is for sure.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (3/31/2015)

Ray K (3/31/2015)

So is anyone as excited as I am that baseball season starts in a week? :hehe::w00t::-)

EDIT: And to add to the fun, anyone have any bold predictions for this season?

Giants go 25-137 and move to Sacramento.

Sheesh, this might come true after all...

1 game winning streak, baby!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Heading to Pac Bell tonight to see Dodger v Giants. Kershaw v Baumgartner.

Excited. First time at the park.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/22/2015)

Heading to Pac Bell tonight to see Dodger v Giants. Kershaw v Baumgartner.

Dang, have fun. I was in Denver for the Rockies home opener. Glad I got to see the Cubs take 2 out of 3.

• Steve,

Two food items to not miss: The Gordon Biersch mini-brewery's garlic fries (perfect excuse for a beer to wash them down), and the Cha-Cha Bowl from Orlando Cepeda's own recipe. Have fun and DO chant "Beat LA" along with the locals!

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/22/2015)

Heading to Pac Bell tonight to see Dodger v Giants. Kershaw v Baumgartner.

Nice, I'm jealous. Hope you had fun, Gigantes are up 2-0 as I write.

Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • I signed up for a bus trip down to Yankee Stadium for May 9. Yanks vs. Orioles. Can't wait!!!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• john.arnott (4/22/2015)

Steve,

Two food items to not miss: The Gordon Biersch mini-brewery's garlic fries (perfect excuse for a beer to wash them down), and the Cha-Cha Bowl from Orlando Cepeda's own recipe. Have fun and DO chant "Beat LA" along with the locals!

Not much of a pitcher's battle, but a good game. Exciting moments when the Giants went up, and the Dodgers came back before the walk off in the ninth.

https://twitter.com/way0utwest/status/591090140971307010

Did walk the park, which is nice. looks small, but we had great seats next to the press box. Had the garlic fries and it wasn't even that cold.

• Hey folks . . .

If anyone is going to be around NYC on Memorial Day Monday, I have an extra ticket to NYY vs. KC at Yankee Stadium that afternoon (my friend had to back out).

Anyone interested in it? Would love a chance to meet one of you fine SQL peeps with whom I chat but never see!

If you're interested, send me a PM!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• So what team will be wanting to acquire a Cy Young contender at the trade deadline...... Johnny Cueto of the Reds will be available as my Red's are sinking in the standings... horrible bullpen and lack of offense... be prepared for a 7 year 150 mill contract as he is in the last year of his current contract....

• Ray K (5/21/2015)

Hey folks . . .

If anyone is going to be around NYC on Memorial Day Monday, I have an extra ticket to NYY vs. KC at Yankee Stadium that afternoon (my friend had to back out).

Anyone interested in it? Would love a chance to meet one of you fine SQL peeps with whom I chat but never see!

That would have been super fun! MLBSQL meetups should be a thing.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

• calvo (5/22/2015)

Ray K (5/21/2015)

Hey folks . . .

That would have been super fun! MLBSQL meetups should be a thing.

Ha ha! That would be really cool!

I actually first met Steve Jones at a Colorado Rockies game when I was out in Denver one time!

• Ray K (5/22/2015)

I actually first met Steve Jones at a Colorado Rockies game when I was out in Denver one time!

That was great. Need to do it again.

• 47 games in, we need a recap.

Look at Houston! 2nd best record in baseball at 30-17. I love rooting for the underdog, with a couple exceptions. Washington is doing well since they figured out how to score some runs. I still don't like Bryce Harper but you can't argue with stats. The Harper in Pinstripes prediction is still alive.

KC looking good 28-17 and the Yankees are doing better than my bold prediction! 🙁 A-Rod thoughts? He's been quiet just doing his thing. He's appealing the decision of the Yankees front office to not pay his 661 bonus. Sorry NY, a contract is a contract. You can't not pay him because you don't like what he did, should have put stipulations in place when dealing with a known doper.

Boston.... Boston.... what happened Boston. Give me something to work with here, all I want at this point is consistency and a winning record. 21-25 just doesn't cut it.

Pace of game rules have been in play for a while, thoughts? The month of April being the first has shown that games are 8 minutes faster than last year's average. Sure, faster, but meh. Seems like its another tool in the umpire's toolbox to toss people from the game...ahemHarper.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 1,972 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply