table variable in SSIS

• Hi SSIS Experts

How to use table variable in SSIS 2012, is it possible to use table variable in SSIS.

I want to insert some results from EXECUTE SQL TASK to this table variable and use this variable in OLEDB SOURCE task in data flow where it is used in SQL query with IN Operation.

The table variable contain multiple values like '100','234','XYZ'

Is it possible to do or is there any other solution to achieve this

Thanks

• SQL006 (9/30/2015)

Hi SSIS Experts

How to use table variable in SSIS 2012, is it possible to use table variable in SSIS.

I want to insert some results from EXECUTE SQL TASK to this table variable and use this variable in OLEDB SOURCE task in data flow where it is used in SQL query with IN Operation.

The table variable contain multiple values like '100','234','XYZ'

Is it possible to do or is there any other solution to achieve this

Thanks

A more robust alternative is to write a stored proc to do all of the work and return the columns from there. Use that as your OLEDB source.

I'd recommend using a temp table rather than a table variable if there is anything more than a handful of rows, for reasons of performance.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I believe a table variable in SSIS would end up being a recordset stored in an object variable. This is not the simplest thing to work with.

I'd give Phil's idea some serious consideration before trying to handle a table variable in SSIS.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply