TABLE IS NOT INDEXED

• Table is not indexed.

I am exporting a database from a sql server to an other server. And when i run the program that uses the database i get error message. Table is not indexed.

How do i get it working?

• Can you post more information. This doesn't really make sense. Version of SQL, what tasks? code for the tasks? etc.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• What i am trying to do is to copy/move a database from serverA to serverB both running SQL 7.0 I run the export wizard witch made a new DB to serverB. Now I have changed my program settings to point to the new DB and get the error message. Is this the correct way to copy a DB?

• If you're using SQL logins you will need to add them to the new server and then run sp_change_users_login in the new db to sync the login entries (articles here on the site about it). Have you verified that not just your tables but all indexes, constraints, etc got copied over? The easiest way to do the copy is to detach the db from server a, copy mdf to server b, reattach to server A if needed, attach to Server B using sp_attach_single_file_db. That still leaves the login issue though.

Andy

• Do you have the ability to step through the source code while it executes the conenction and sql actions against the server and db? Sounds like you may be seeing an application specific "warning". If you can step through the code, find out where the error is occurring.

I'm sure you've done this , but double check to make sure that the indexes that were on the table in the original DB are also on the copy DB. If the app expects an index, it should be simple enough to add.

Sean

• The attach and reattach sounds interesting,

so I am going to try it.

Thanks to everyone for quick responce,

Kim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply