Tabbing Between Results Panel and Coding Panel in Management Studio

• Hi, is there a keyboard shortcut to go between the results panel (bottom right) and the coding panel (top right) in management studio?

• F6 will cycle through the query panel, results panel, messages panel if thats what you want.

• anthony.green (6/1/2012)

F6 will cycle through the query panel, results panel, messages panel if thats what you want.

Shift + F6 will go in the opposite order.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • I use CTRL+R to whack the results in demos and quickly get back to the coding window.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/1/2012)

I use CTRL+R to whack the results in demos and quickly get back to the coding window.

Highly useful is CTRL+R, especially when you have a large query, but I noticed that its not a valid shortcut anymore in SSMS 2012, you have to create a custom shortcut, but you cant just use CTRL+R, so I have created it as CTRL+R, Enter. Quite annoying as thats probably one of the shortcuts I use the most, now I need to do an extra key press.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply