T-SQL query

• Select (datepart(m,getdate())-1)*(datepart(m,getdate())-3)*(datepart(m,getdate())-5)*(datepart(m,getdate())-7)*(datepart(m,getdate())-8)

🙂

• Totally agree.This type of questions make look the problem from different angle.

• "Like" no es un operador que pertenece a los "Search Arguments"

• And, here I am, misinterpreting the question. I read it as using EITHER would satisfy the condition of not using BOTH!

There's always an orthogonal way to read something obvious. Personally, i think that using neither ... nor... would have been more unambiguous.

• steve smith (5/28/2008)

And, here I am, misinterpreting the question. I read it as using EITHER would satisfy the condition of not using BOTH!

There's always an orthogonal way to read something obvious. Personally, i think that using neither ... nor... would have been more unambiguous.

You hit the nail on the head mate. We are all after all a rather pedantic and suposedly precise set of people - therfore abiguity needs to be eradicated with extreme predjudice, else we will interpret.

(and the client will get precisely what they asked for not what they want).

Hiding under a desk from SSIS Implemenation Work :crazy:

• (datepart(m,dob)-1)(datepart(m,dob)-3)(datepart(m,dob)-4)(datepart(m,dob)-5)(datepart(m,dob)-7)(datepart(m,dob)-8) = 0

should work too ....

• please dont necro old threads its not polite

instead make a new thread and link to the old one please 🙂

Hiding under a desk from SSIS Implemenation Work :crazy:

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply