T-SQL Operators

• Sorry, got lost in the snow here late last week and weekend.

I shall reword the question, and award back points.

My apologies for the delay.

• I should have read the responses before answering - I also must have missed that class, but when did MTX become part of T-SQL? Everyone who answered without the "exception" should have there answer accepted. Those who got it right should be marked wrong, because they obviously do not know T-SQL. (Just a thought:-)

Steve Jimmo
    Sr DBA
    “If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

• sjimmo (4/23/2009)

I should have read the responses before answering - I also must have missed that class, but when did MTX become part of T-SQL? Everyone who answered without the "exception" should have there answer accepted.

If you answered before monday, you did get your points. On monday, Steve changed the question and awarded points back to all respondents until then.

If you answered after monday and missed the union part, you should not get points. The changes Steve made were to change the question's title from "T-SQL Operators" to just "Operators", and the question text itself now reads "What does '-' indicate in SQL Server?". MDX is not part of T-SQL, but it is part of Analysis Services, which undeniably is itself part of SQL Server.

Those who got it right should be marked wrong, because they obviously do not know T-SQL. (Just a thought:-)

As one who admitted to getting a point by misclicking and submitting and asked to have my point removed, I can only concur - but as I understand it, the software on the site does not allow to remove awarded points based on a new answer; the only thing Steve can do is to give points to everyone who answered at that time and change the answer cosidered "correct" for those who will anser going forward. So even those who chose the "single line comment" answer before monday now have come in the benefit of an undeserved point 😉

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply