Sytem.outofmemoryException

• I have a workstation running the vs 2010 shell for developing ssrs reports. In task manger I am using 10 gig of RAM and have 30 gig available. I created a report that downloads about 900,000 rows of data. I try to preview the report and memory usage goes from 10 gig to about 11.5 gig and then I get an error;

An error has occurred in report processing, Exception of type ‘Sytem.outofmemoryException’ was thrown.

There are 28.5 gig of available memory.

Thanks

David

• If I'm not mistaken VS2010 is a 32-bit application, so there is a 4GB limit. Have you tried to filter the report to reduce the number of rows of data?

• Our user would like to be able to drill down to the detail. I could create subreports and filter the parent report. However, being that there are gigabyte and gigabytes of available memory available, it seems that subreports are a lot of effort without too much return on time invested.

• Do you get the error when you preview the report in VS2010? Or is it when the user is running it from Reporting Services, which hopefully is a 64-bit installation?

• It is in preview mode on my PC that I am getting the error.

Both my workstation and the server I hope to publish it to are 64 bit.

• If you have a 64-bit installation of SSRS on your workstation you should deploy and view it there. Otherwise to the server and then view the report.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply