SuppressConfigurationWarnings property not working

• Hi All,

I have created common configuration filter for several packages. All of which will be reUsing the same configuartion filter.

But in one or two packages I don't need all the variables which have been configured in that filter. When I don't create these variables in these packages its throwing a warning like:

"Warning: The package path referenced an object that cannot be found: "\Package.Variables[User::MyVariable].Properties[Value]". This occurs when an attempt is made to resolve a package path to an object that cannot be found."

I have tried using the package property "SuppressConfigurationWarnings" to get rid of these warning by setting the property to TRUE. But it doesn't seems to be working, i still getting same warnings.

Is there any work around other then "create all the variables" or any other property needs to be set?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Chetan:-)

• ignore warnings, there is no harm, even msoft gave the same ans 🙂

• You might want to consider two (or more) configuration files per package. The first file would only contain what is common to all packages. The second file would be specific for that package and would only contain what's in the package and not in the common config file.

Otherwise, either ignore the warnings, or create the missing items.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply