Support The Boss

• dma-669038 (10/6/2009)

I'd rather say simply and plainly we are better off moving on if we have made a fair attempt to get along and it is not working out. Really dont know how much 'independance' goes for an employed person - perhaps freedom from one situation but rarely a lasting one:)) The Enron type of situations happen but far less compared to gray areas and various levels of understanding. Yes undoubtedly lot of people dont deserve to be bosses...but usually that call is made by their bosses and less by their team members unless they are repeat offenders of same problems.

Good to see we agree.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• After dealing with different bosses, I have learned over time that dealing with me can also be a hard job for my boss. Trying to understand each other may be very hard sometimes, especially when looking from different perspectives (operational versus technical). In my humble opinion democracy does not make things better at work, arguing can be useful but in the end one man has to take a decision: the boss. You can always leave and look for another job if you think your boss is not suited for his job, but before you do, ask yourself whether your work and attitude is flawless compared to his. Maybe you should reconsider what he has to deal with on a daily basis ...

• Company cultures are really quite different, and the success of a company has a direct affect on the success of its employees. So, choose your company wisely, or become an independent. Be honest to yourself with your choice. Everything has its pro's and con's. But also be wise, and understand that staff in upper management spend much of their time trying to get to the next level. (sad but true). And, always remember that a good CEO never fully trusts what his subordinates are telling him.

The more you are prepared, the less you need it.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply