Summary.txt file SQL Server build.

• Hi Experts,

After the sql server is installed when I open the summary.txt file, I see under Final Results column (key value pair) different results. Even if the installation is successful I see many different results other than Passed.

Can anyway I can get the list of the details of successful / unsuccessful results details so that I can qwrite my build automation code accordingly (basically I am writing a check and that is if the install is fine / successful/ Passed , it will move along with the Patch of SQL Server).

Need your inputs on this.

Thanks.

• SQL-DBA-01 - Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9:02 AM

Hi Experts,

After the sql server is installed when I open the summary.txt file, I see under Final Results column (key value pair) different results. Even if the installation is successful I see many different results other than Passed.

Can anyway I can get the list of the details of successful / unsuccessful results details so that I can qwrite my build automation code accordingly (basically I am writing a check and that is if the install is fine / successful/ Passed , it will move along with the Patch of SQL Server).

Need your inputs on this.

What else do you see other than Passed or Passed, reboot required when it's successful? The unsuccessful ones seem to be determined by having an error output code so I'm not real sure you can say assume some are successful. Some are warnings and may be able to be patched at the point but I think it's hard to say.

I just went through quite a few of those and one thing I noticed is that it's not consistent on how the errors end up in that log file. On the failures, most have an Exception summary section at the end but I did find some that did not and refer to details elsewhere. It almost seems you would need documentation on how that file is done to determine everything with the failures.
    But I am curious - what other passed messages do you get other than the two I mentioned?

Sue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply