sum all records over 35 weeks Stored procedure or SSRS

• Dear All,

I have stored procedure which shows records by week numbers and amongst everything else. When i place it in ssrs i display this in a chart by week number and patient volumes.

However i i would like to display the chart upto 35 weeks and anything above sum all the records? is that doable in ssrs or do i need to state that in my stored procedure?

regards

Farouq

• Without seeing the data returned I don't know that I can give definitive answer, but I would venture to say that you can probably do it in either place. If you are not going to be doing any drill-down on the data over 35 weeks I'd recommend doing it in the procedure. It might look something like this:

SELECT

COUNT(events) AS number_of_events,

CASE

WHEN number_of_weeks > 35 THEN 'OVER 35'

ELSE number_of_weeks

END AS number_of_weeks

FROM

event_table

GROUP BY

CASE

WHEN number_of_weeks > 35 THEN 'OVER 35'

ELSE number_of_weeks

END

You might have to do some tweaking to make sure you have the ordering you want.

• Hi thankyou for replying how would i be able to apply this to the example if you given me?

USE [InformationServices]

GO

/****** Object: StoredProcedure [dbo].[p18WeekPTLAdmitted] Script Date: 10/19/2009 14:53:19 ******/

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

ALTER procedure [dbo].[p18WeekPTLAdmitted]

@status char(20),

@spec NVARCHAR(Max) as set dateformat dmy

if @status = 'ALL'

begin

select

[Hospital number]=HospNo,[NHS number]=NHSNo,[Name]=[Name],[Account number]=SpellNo,

[Referral date]=ReferDt,[Specialty code]=SpecCd,[Specialty]=Spec,[Current status]=[Event],

[Last contact date]=EventDt,[Last treatment status code]=LastTreatmentStatusCd,

[Last treatment status]=Treatment,[Consulant code]=ConsCd,[Consultant]=Cons,

[Date to be given TCI date by]=dateadd(Week,-41,BreachDt),[TCI date]=TCIDt,

[18 week breach date]=BreachDt,[Expected op]=Description+' ('+ExpOpCd+')',

127.0.0.1=IPSOTLoW,[18 week Length of wait]=(datediff(Week,ReferDt,getdate())-PLoW),

[Comments]=case when TCIDt is null then 'No TCI date' else null end,

[Wait list link error]=case when LoWdiag='888' then 'Wait list record without link' else null end,

TreatWeekNo,

[Treat in the week ending]=case when [Event]<>'WaitListSOT' then TreatWeek else null end,

[Booked assumed treatment date]=TCIDt,

[Action needed]=case when BreachDt<TCIDt and Feb='x' then 'breached booking - move' else null end,

[Site]=Site,[Wait list comment]=WLComment,[Wait list priority]=WLPriority,[26 week breach date]=[26WBreachDt],

[OPCS code]=ExpOpCd,[Age]=Age,[PCT code]=PCTCdhttp://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Skins/Classic/Images/RichTextBoxTable/tbl_bottomleft.gif

from [18weekptl]

--where Spec in(SELECT Spec FROM dbo.Split3(@spec,','))

WHERE Spec in (select * from dbo.fnSplit3(@spec, ','))

and [Event] in ('WaitTimeOngoingWL','WaitListSOT')

and ClockPause<>'Yes'

order by [18 week Length of wait]

--case when TreatWeekNo=0 then 100 else TreatWeekNo end

end

regards

F

• I'm going to recommend that you read the first article linked in my signature as I don't have any idea how the code you have posted ties to the question you have asked. For example, where is the week number?

• I've tried to simply it...but get an error saying Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Line 2

Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'CASE'.

SELECT COUNT(NHSNo) AS [patientvol]

CASE WHEN DATEDIFF(Week, ReferDt, GETDATE()) - PLoW > 35 THEN '35+' else '' End

FROM [18WeekPTL]

WHERE (Spec = 'ophthalmology') AND (Event IN ('WaitTimeOngoingWL', 'WaitListSOT')) AND (ClockPause <> 'Yes') AND (DATEDIFF(Week, ReferDt, GETDATE()) - PLoW > 35)

• In the code you have posted you are missing a comma (,) after COUNT(NHSNo) AS [patientvol].

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply