Suggestion to improve the logging mechanism and while replying

• Friends,

I found 2 issues with respect to this website,

1. Without logging into the website I cannot view the posts in the forums. Can this be altered such that you do not need to provide your login credentials for viewing the threads, similar to MSDN forums.

2. While replying to a thread I am unable to read the post once I hit the 'Reply' button. I know that I can make use of 'Quote' button to read the post and respond to it but then the thread becomes too long if the question was lengthy.

I am a regular forum poster in MSDN forums and I find it difficult here while reading/posting when compared to MSDN where I don't need to provide my login credentials and the entire question will be displayed when I hit the 'Reply' button.

If the same question was discussed already please provide me the link and ignore this one.

I recently started to be active here and this forum is extremely good. Kudos to the forum administrators!!! Job well done.

[font="Verdana"]- Deepak[/font]

• Below the post window there is a closed section that says "Last 10 posts". You can expand that to see the previous posters items.

On #1, not sure. Have to look at that.

• Thanks Steve for your immediate response 🙂

I understood point #2..It will be great if #1 is also made possible..

• Personally, I prefer responses from folks who are logged in, so you can see who the responder is. Starts the names sticking in your head when you like the response. Otherwise, you end up with 'Anonymous Coward' all over the place.

You can also click on the 'Remember Me' when logging in, and as long as you don't clear your cookies, you don't have to log in all the time.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• We definitely won't allow responses without logging in, but viewing the thread might make some sense.

• Thanks Steve thats absolutely right.

My only concern is that if somebody searches in google for an issue wrt to Sql Server one among the solution is from this website. What if that person is not a member here ? So he has to register and then login to view the solution which is quite tedious whereas most of the other Sql Server forums supports viewing a thread without logging into it.

Anyway my sincere thanks to you for taking your precious time and responding all our queries.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply