Substitute for HTML-tables

• My users type text that is converted to HTML by using an editor. Now I have a problem with text in columns. Like the label Name [tab] and the name, [Enter] label Address [ tab] and the address and so on.

I can't use HTML-tables in RS by creating a textbox and a placeholder for HTML. They are just ignored. Now I've tried several things as divs and spans. Nothing works.

Anyone any idea of how to do this? To do something similar in HTML that RS will understand?

It's no option to use RS-tables (or I have to rebuild my programm).

• I really don't know what you're trying to say here I'm afraid.

You need to (probably) provide some sample data here (Saying my data is "like" this doesn't mean anything, and doesn't help), and show what your goal is.

It's also worth noting that HTML doesn't use brackets for it's Markup. [tab] isn't HTML; HTML uses < and > for it's Markup. so, for example, <br /> is a line break. On the other hand, if you're saying that [tab] is for the TAB key, then one way of writing it in html would be:
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

So, if you're mixing characters (TAB (your [tab])) and markup (Line Break (your [enter]) then this is really confusing the matter. This sounds more like you need something else to parse your unique markup language.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply