Subscriptions not showing in jobs on new server?

• Hi

I'm in the process of moving our Report Server .

I the subscription jobs aren't showing under jobs in SSMS. I can create a new one and it shows. I have the ones I moved disabled at the time being. Will they show when I enable them and they run?

Thanks

• If memory serves, they will not show and will need to be re-created.  This is easy to do if the old server is still online and you know which jobs to move though.  Use Object Explorer and select the ones to move, right-click->script as CREATE to new query window.  Change your connection and run and the jobs will be migrated.

BUT, I would make sure to do this on a test system first.  I always make sure it works on test before making the change on live.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Thanks Brian,

Should have posted earlier.... I forgot to restart SQL Server Services, once restarted they showed. I had done this once before and the subscriptions came over with the ReportServer DB

Thanks Again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply