Subscription: Report Delivery - EMAIL

• While using the Report Delivery Options - Email for creating a subscription, I find difficult to determine where the body of the message can be configured. I am assuming that it can be customized. It is my intention to data-drive the recipient list and to be able to pass in variables to the message.

1) How and where do and you customize the message (it does not seem to be straight forward)?

2) How do you pass in variables to the message?

• Do u use subscription or data driven Subscription?

U can pass parameter in both types of subscription. But if you want to send message (mail) in certain conditin or certain users only if some condition met then u need to use data driven subscription.

When you set up subscription. you can write your message into Comments. YOu cant format comment field as it doesnt support rich text. The best thing is to format message in report itself by putting different textbox, hyperlink etc (as u wish) and send that report in email.

let me know if u need more help.

Vijay

• I am using a data-driven subscription

Passing params into the Comments section would be very helpful. I just don't see how it is done. an example message is as follows:

==============

Dear ,

Contained in this email is a report.

Best Regards,

Managment

==============

So are variables. Each report will be sent to a recipient whose email address is contained within the data. The question is how to format the Comments while referencing the variables.

• I have my problem solved. The COMMENT field as you stated ealier is infact the solution. Formatting the message is another story....

Since the variable values are available via the data-driven query, there really is no limit to what message can be built. As long as the message contains HTML and can be viewed in as such, there really is no limit to what can be done.

-Mike

• How do I send report only in certain conditions based on report parameters

• The parameters are for creating content of the report. If this is a data-driven subscription, then how you produce the recipient list relative to the report wil determine if a report is sent or not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply