Subscription Email target="_new"

• In the subscription emails, when you click on a link, the target page opens in the same window. Many of the target pages have links that one follows to understand the articles. This reuse of a single window makes navigation more difficult and getting back to the subscription a tedious process.

A workaround is to right click the link and specify "open in a new window". but making a new window the default would be helpful.

An example is from the "Database Weekly" for 10/11/2010 with element:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.sqlservercentral.com/links/4614/176192">(more)</a>

Prefered is having a target of a new window:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_new" href="http://www.sqlservercentral.com/links/4614/176192">(more)</a>

SQL = Scarcely Qualifies as a Language

• It's a pretty good split of people that like this/don't like this. We have experimented with the open in new window/same window a few times over the years and both generate some complaints.

I think this is the best way to do it for now since you do have the "open in new window/tab" option. If we switch it, then there isn't a "open in same" option that I'm aware of.

• In the subscription emails, when you click on a link, the target page opens in the same window. Many of the target pages have links that one follows to understand the articles. This reuse of a single window makes navigation more difficult and getting back to the subscription a tedious process.

Using Internet Explorer 7 I right click on the link and select "Open in new tab" - ditto for links in that tab to yet another new tab. What is the problem?

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply