Subscription can not be created

• Hi,I'm trying to create a subscription to a report that uses the current UserID (i.e. the Subscribers ID) as a parameter to the dataset. The report uses a Common Datasource with a common set of Credentials and doesn't prompt the user for their credentials.When generated on demand there is no problem, but when I click "New Subscription" in the Report Manager I received the following error message  -->Subscription can not be created because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, the report is using user-defined parameter values, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid.I'd have thought the Report Manager would store the Subscribers Credentials and then use them when that subscription is executed. So the reports internal expression "=User!UserID" would evaluate to the subscribers User ID and the Datasource could be something else.As this does not appear to be the case, what would be quickest way to achieve this?This needs to be transparent to the user, so dis-connecting the dataset parameter from "=User!UserID" and connecting to a report parameter would not be useful. Help on where to start for this would ber greatly appreciated.ThanksAdrian
  • This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I encountered the same problem.  In order to create asubscription you need to go to the report and the properties tab -> data sources. Selct use a custom data source and recreate your datasource and then sleect use credetials stored securely in the Report Server.  You can still use intergrated authority for the connection to the data source if you need to.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply