Subscriber uploads only?

• I need a way to upload new article rows to the publisher without downloading anything from the actual publisher article. The table is used for storing attached files from our application and get very large after a few files. The server is more than capable of handling it but the remotes are tablet PC and the database size is effecting the applications overall performance.

I saw a parameter called EXCHANGETYPE but that was for SQL 2000. Does anyone know if its even possible to publish an article to be upload only from a Subscriber or a work around?

This is for a merge replication setup unless another type provides this option.

• I have run into this and worked around it in a couple of different ways. Both worked.

First, you can specify a filter on a subscription. So, include a boolean flag in your table and exclude records with a 1 in the flag. When a record is synchronized to the publisher set the flag to 1 so they are not synchronized back.

Another option I have used is a trigger on the publisher table that moves any inserted records into another table. So, the table being synchronized automatically cleans itself out as records are inserted.

• Ill give those a try, thanks

• See if anyone else posts.

I always thought those options were a bit of a workaround, so there may be something easier.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply