Subreport in each page

• Hi,

I have a subreport whose value needs to be displayed in each page of my report.

How can I do it?

Thanx.

thanx...,

SSM

• have you looked at  'with rollup' or 'with cube'? When you say each page you mean each paper page, or each subsection/grouping of the report?

Thanks, and don't forget to Chuckle

• I want the subreport in each paper page.It contains some header details from a different dataset so I have it in a separate subreport.

thanx...,

SSM

• I want the subreport in each paper page.It contains some header details from a different dataset so I have it in a separate subreport.

thanx...,

SSM

• Then it's not a simple solution, you'll need to go to xml to format the results sets that cleanly since you will not know how many rows you are getting. In PL/SQL for Oracle you can set up page formats etc.., there is no way outside of XML to do that in T-SQL (I could be wrong, and welcome corrections).

If you don't have XML in you skill set I suggest you add it, if you don't have time to do that for this requirement I can understand, in that case I suggest you dump your results to a SQL table and make a database and in Access, link it, build a report with the format you need Access. Don't laugh at Access, it's a good reporting tool. Now if you don't know Access, you'll have to learn it quick.

There are a lot of other 3rd party products like CrystalReports, etc.. that can produce very nice reports, if this is a on-going project you might want to look into them.

Sorry I can't help you more specifically.

Chuck

Thanks, and don't forget to Chuckle

• (if it helps anyone..)

I added the subreport in my table header and made the table header repeat in each page...

thanx...,

SSM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply