Stupid Question

• I feel bloody stupid asking this, but...

How do I get the avatar to work?

I'm trying to upload a silly image to use and I keep getting an undefined error:

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Ditto (just never had enough interest to ask.... )

Just when trying to upload from the 'browse' on my PC.

A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

• The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.  I cannot do it either!!  Then I wondered where they got the icon for my login.

Then I gave up too!

Madame Artois

• Oh hell, time to start a support group. Who needs a hug?

Hi, my name is Grant. I'm unable to upload useless little pictures.

<CROWD> Hi Grant

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• This feels like an AA meeting!! But hey ho........

My name is Stella and I can't do it either. 

And another thing..........I can't remember all the different passwords

Group hug, please.

Madame Artois

• HI STELLA!

<big hug>

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• <big hug> back to you!!  Let's start 'I'm having a rotten day and I need a friend' forum.

Sympathy and group hugs all round!!

Madame Artois

• Hi Grant.

Hi Stella.

I'll skip the hug thing though - not many attractive people go into IT....

• Hey watch it! I resemble that remark.

Yeah, old, weak joke but unfortunately true.

How about a manly hand shake?

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Yeah - that'll do....  It'll have to be far better than a "Bondi Handshake" [A Sydney *thing* - anything that is 'Bondi' means that it's a bloody long way from Manly (both are suburbs there) - in this case, a Manly handshake is always preferable to one of the wet-fish kind that you get from some types.  I generally use the term a "Bondi Body" to describe those skinny little 20-something blokes who have the physique of a 10-year-old girl and the attitude of a prison lifer].

• Stupid avatars, not stupid question. It's some very strange security issue that I have not figured out. Send your picture and registered email to sjones @ sqlservercentral.com and I'll upload it

Apologies. We've got a new alpha site, moving to beta before too long and it should be fixed in that.

And Grant-from-the-US, bloody?!?!?

• That wasn't Grant - that was me.  Not hard to work out who's the Aussie (or one of them) around here

I'll be sending my avatar shortly

• I've been reading Hornblower & Sharpe & Aubrey/Maturin novels my entire life. That and growing up on Monty Python and British television... It's just there. Plus, I used it to replace the word I used to use in the Navy. Actually, the Navy used it like a fnord type of thing. If you simply said "Close the main steam stop" no one understood you. So instead you had to say "F'ing close the f'ing main steam stop" in order to be understood. I just started substiting other words for f'ing after I left the Navy because I noticed people's eyes getting round as I spoke.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• A support group or 12-Step program for the avatar-challenged?

"Hi, my name is James...and I don't have an avatar on SQLCentral".

"Hi James".

Ok, I've been wanting to upload one too but don't know how, either.

On a different note - not many attactive folks in IT? What about Robyn Page at SimpleTalk.com? I know that's just one person...but it's a start!

It seems to me that IT attracted more women in the 80's and early 90's than it does now. Wonder why? Think SQLCentral did a series on this recently.

• Send it to me James and I'll upload it. Address above.

Definitely a shortage of women. I had a few women write editorials a couple months ago. Search for "women in IT" and they should come up or browse the "Editorials" forum.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply