Struggling with Reporting Service Configuration Manager.

• I am running Server 2008 Trying to setup Reporting Services 2008.

Got 2008 SQl Server running on my computer.

Can't configure RS . In my Reporting Services Configuration Manager

When I enter my server name 'Kaviserver1' in the 'Server Name:' textbox and hit the 'Find' button I get the error - Invalid Class.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled around 5 to 6 times

This is my Error Message

It will be great if you help me to fix this problem.

• Hi.

You can verify that you have the right config tool by looking at the version of te binary RSConfigTool.exe living in this folder:

%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn

It should be 9.0.3042.0.

I would also recommend you to verify you have the right mof file containing the class MSReportServer_ConfigurationSettingForSharePoint.

On Win 2003 the name of the mof file should be ReportingServicesXPSP2up.mof and should live here:

%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared

I would also recommend to verify the binary ReportingServicesNativeClient.dll has the version 2005.90.3042.0 on all its occurencies. This binary lives in a couple of places on a machine where you have installed Report Server, Report Manager, and the Reporting Services tools:

%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.X\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.X\Reporting Services\ReportManager\Bin

%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn

%Program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies

And one more thing: when you run into issues with the config tool, instead of restarting the machine, you could try first to restart only the WMI service:

Start - Run - services.msc - select Windows Management Instrumentation - right click - restart.

I hope this helps.

becklery

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool[/url]

• Hi.

Please refer to the url below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156305.aspx

I wish it will be helpful.

Regards,

becklery.

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply