Stretch Database SQL SERVER 2016

• DonlSimpson (7/2/2015)

karthik babu (7/1/2015)

The options could have been more clear. Anyways I got my point after careful analysis. Good information though. 🙂

Yeah, the grammar makes the answers very difficult to understand. Singular when plural, "then" instead of "than," etc. If I were handed a specification like that, I'd hand it right back.

+1

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQL-DBA-01 (7/2/2015)

It says : "Stretch Database lets you archive your historical data transparently and securely. In SQL Server 2016 Community Technology Preview 2 (CTP2), Stretch Database stores your historical data in the Microsoft Azure cloud. After you enable Stretch Database, it silently migrates your historical data to an Azure SQL Database."

It has mentioned about migration, so how the point which is mentioned as "extend to addition" fit, I don't know.

I thought it was an extension of your on-premise database to the cloud, so you can store whatever you want there. I've only seen a single presentation on it and haven't installed it, do my knowledge is pretty limited, but that's the impression I have.

• Nice question on something I haven't really looked into yet. When I heard about this before I thought it would be a partitioning option to store data in Azure instead. Learned more about it so thanks for that!

• I am sorry, Don Simpson and SQLRNNR if my English isn't perfect.

It is not my native language.

But my English is better than your Dutch I presume ? 😉

• Looks like an interesting new feature, thanx 4 sharing.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• I wonder how safe this is, putting my data out on the cloud.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply