Strange taht I cannot connect to localhost but can connect to remote one.

• My SQL server is SQL 2012. right now I can connect to remote server but connect to localhost is always failed. Can you tell me what reason for it?

• Fail to connect. Depends, what is the actual error message you are getting?

• Error:2

• xinli923 (9/20/2012)

Error:2

the entire error message is what we need to help; the state and actual error message are critical.

error 2 is cannot connect in general;

for example:

Microsoft SQL Server Login

Connection failed: SQLState: '01000'

SQL Server Error: 2

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()).

Connection failed:

SQLState: ‘08001’

SQL Server Error: 6

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]Specified SQL server not found.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• And message include,cannot find default browser

I named my SQL server : SQL 2012. If cannot connect to it,it means cannot find SQL 2012. But why say cannot find default browser?

• xinli923 (9/20/2012)

And message include,cannot find default browser

I named my SQL server : SQL 2012. If cannot connect to it,it means cannot find SQL 2012. But why say cannot find default browser?

Maybe a screen print of the error? Sorry, but this makes no sense to me.

• My question Is :

My SQL server is SQL 2012. right now I can connect to remote server but connect to localhost is always failed. Can you tell me what reason for it?

All of message showed on screen is:

A network-related or Instance-spefic error occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server.Verify that Instance name is correct and that SQL server is configured to allow remote connection. Provider:named pipes,error 40-could not open a connection to SQL Server (Microsoft Server ,Error:2).

------------------

Instance name I gave is SQL 2012 and it can connect to remote one.it means SQL server is configured to allow remote connection.

Problem is at A network-related or Instance-spefic error occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server.

what problem? How to resolve it?

I don't know. So Ask for help !

• What name/address are you using in the connection string? "localhost" or "(local)" or "SQL 2012" or something else?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Thanks, I watch your words and seems understand what ,where I was wrong. I try localhost\sql2012. It works.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply