Strange problem

• I've a job that runs a cmdExec like this

wscript "c:\program files\microsoft sql server\script\chelab.vbs"

This job is scheduled onece every minute

The job seems to run every minute as I've scheduled, I also see the job history correctly updated but the script (chelab.vbs) is not executed.

If I run it manually no problems all works fine

I'm logged as Administrator

Do you have any suggestions

Thanks

• You are logged in as Administrator when you run it in QA. But how is it set to run as a job? (In Enterprise Manager, drill down to JOBS, find your job, select properties, go to Steps tab, select a step, select edit, go to Advanced tab - what is "Run as user:" set for?)

-SQLBill

• Also, make sure the login the job uses has access to the file it's supposed to run.

Might also want to check the Windows Event Viewer Logs (application, security, system) for any error messages during the time the job was scheduled to run.

-SQLBill

• My step is defined as cmdExec so in the advanced tab I don't see the "Run as User" drop down

• Make sure the login that runs SQL Agent runs has permission to access the script and if the script needs to access some other share/machine then login that runs sql agent needs to have access to that to. This is definitely a permission issue.

Thanks

Sreejith

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply