Strange behaviour of some jobs ...

• I have no idea where to even start with this one. I have a schedule which has about 40 jobs running in it. These jobs generally take less than a second to finish - mostly generating an Excel spreadsheet and emailing them.

I've recently noticed that, for some reason, some of these jobs just ... don't run. They don't throw any error, they simply do not execute. Other jobs in the *same* schedule execute fine. In some cases they have not run for the last week, but in other cases the job will run fine for two days, then the next day not run, then run fine again for the next few days.

Any ideas?

• Does this affect all 40 jobs or just some of the jobs?

Have you noticed any messages in the server logs (not agent logs)?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Just some jobs, I'm trying to isolate which ones, but there doesn't seem to be anything in common between them. I'll check the server logs and see if I can get any other information from there.

• Nothing really of value in the server application logs either...

• Have you looked over the job owners, or server utilization at the time that some of these jobs fail to start.

And they definitely do not start, right?

Learn Extended Events

• Server utilization spikes for that one second, since all those jobs run at the same time. I wonder if it might have something to do with that. I've tried simply re-creating the schedule, we'll see tomorrow if that fixes it. Still, it's odd that no error messages show up anywhere.

• I think you will probably need to separate out the offending jobs into a completely separate schedule and see how it goes from there.

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply