Storing SSIS Exceution Results in to a table

• I'm in SQL 2008 and created a few SSIS packages. I would like to know if we have any standard approach to dump all execution results into a table to track the status of packages instead of taking output into a screenshot.

Thanks for your inputs

• Look at the package logging options. Maybe that will satisfy your needs.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I have implemented Package Logging in my SSIS package and executed it. Can you please advise where I can see the results stored? I thought it might be creating a table automatically, which seems not to be the case!!

Alvin Ramard (7/23/2015)

Look at the package logging options. Maybe that will satisfy your needs.

• sarath.tata (7/23/2015)

I have implemented Package Logging in my SSIS package and executed it. Can you please advise where I can see the results stored? I thought it might be creating a table automatically, which seems not to be the case!!

Alvin Ramard (7/23/2015)

Did you just enable the logging? Did you also configure what gets logged and where?

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Yes, I selected SSIS log provider for SQL Server and selected an OLEDB connection for configuration, selected Events to be logged. But, I'm not sure where to look for after executing package.

Alvin Ramard (7/23/2015)

sarath.tata (7/23/2015)

I have implemented Package Logging in my SSIS package and executed it. Can you please advise where I can see the results stored? I thought it might be creating a table automatically, which seems not to be the case!!

Alvin Ramard (7/23/2015)

Did you just enable the logging? Did you also configure what gets logged and where?

• sarath.tata (7/23/2015)

Yes, I selected SSIS log provider for SQL Server and selected an OLEDB connection for configuration, selected Events to be logged. But, I'm not sure where to look for after executing package.

Alvin Ramard (7/23/2015)

sarath.tata (7/23/2015)

Alvin Ramard (7/23/2015)

When you did the configuration, you told it where to log the data. Go back and look at your configuration.

Alvin Ramard

• Alvin Ramard (7/23/2015)

sarath.tata (7/23/2015)

Yes, I selected SSIS log provider for SQL Server and selected an OLEDB connection for configuration, selected Events to be logged. But, I'm not sure where to look for after executing package.

Alvin Ramard (7/23/2015)

sarath.tata (7/23/2015)

Alvin Ramard (7/23/2015)

When you did the configuration, you told it where to log the data. Go back and look at your configuration.

I revisited everything but I could not see any table that points to Logging. I specified only Connection Manager which points to DB. In that DB, I don't see any table getting created newly. I followed the steps at

Not sure what I'm missing!!

• If you turned on package logging then you might want to try looking in dbo.sysssislog in MSDB on the server you are running the packages on.

• If you are looking in the Object Explorer in SSMS you will need to expand the "System Tables" folder within the "Tables" folder (and possibly right click and Refresh), then you should see the table "dbo.sysssislog". If it is still not there, check that when you configured the SSIS Logging you had the log provider for SQL Server ticked and the containers ticked.

• Because SSIS (2008) only writes to one system table we decided to write our package logs to flat files on the database server then add a step to import those flat files to specific tables in the appropriate databases so the import logs were with the relevant project. We then run a specific query to pick out errors which is part of the daily check routine.

• P Jones (7/29/2015)

Because SSIS (2008) only writes to one system table we decided to write our package logs to flat files on the database server then add a step to import those flat files to specific tables in the appropriate databases so the import logs were with the relevant project. We then run a specific query to pick out errors which is part of the daily check routine.

In my case, I see this log table getting created in the database I wanted.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply