Stored Procedure Slow

• hello, I have a stored procedure that it's slow, somebody can help me to optimize this stored procedure. I'm using Sql server 2014. Thanks

USE [DESA]

GO

/****** Object: StoredProcedure [dbo].[P_Migracion_TraspasoPedido] Script Date: 22/04/2016 10:23:47 a.m. ******/

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[P_Migracion_TraspasoPedido]

AS

BEGIN

IF OBJECT_ID ('tempdb..[#Tmp_TRASPASO]') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #Tmp_TRASPASO

DECLARE @TipoOrigenTraspaso_Id INT

SET @TipoOrigenTraspaso_Id = ( SELECT TOP 1 TD.[id]

FROM [Tipo] T INNER JOIN [TipoDetalle] TD on T.Id = TD.Tipo_id

WHERE UPPER(T.[Descripcion]) = UPPER('Tipo Origen Traspaso')

AND UPPER(TD.[Descripcion]) LIKE UPPER('%PEDIDO%'))

SELECT DISTINCT T.[Codigo]

, PD.[Codigo] AS [DocumentoOrigen]

INTO #Tmp_TRASPASO

FROM [ESTLMODB02].[RP3].[dbo].[Traspaso] T WITH(NOLOCK)

INNER JOIN [Traspaso] TR WITH(NOLOCK) ON T.[Codigo] = TR.[Codigo]

INNER JOIN [ESTLMODB02].[RP3].[dbo].[TraspasoDetalle] TD WITH(NOLOCK) ON TD.[Codigo] = T.[Codigo]

INNER JOIN [ESTLMODB02].[RP3].[dbo].[PedidoDetalle] PD WITH(NOLOCK) ON PD.[Codigo] = T.[DocumentoOrigen] AND PD.[Sku] = TD.[Sku]

UPDATE TR SET TR.[Pedido_Id] = P.[Id],

TR.[TipoOrigen_Id] = @TipoOrigenTraspaso_Id

FROM #Tmp_TRASPASO T

INNER JOIN [Traspaso] TR ON T.[Codigo] = TR.[Codigo]

INNER JOIN [Pedido] P ON T.[DocumentoOrigen] = P.[Codigo]

IF OBJECT_ID ('tempdb..[#Tmp_TRASPASO]') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #Tmp_TRASPASO

END

• The top 1 in your select statement may not always bring back the same record each time, since there is no order by clause on the query. The WITH(NOLOCK) hints are likely to cause similar un-reproduceable problems, as well.

I doubt it will help much, but unless you have a non-default collation, you can get rid of the UPPER function calls. These will invalidate any underlying indexes.

Have you narrowed down how much time each statement takes, or checked on the execution plan generated for the procedure to determine which of the three statements is taking the most time?

• I agree on the part that UPPER should be removed if the collation is case insensitive.

The other thing that would improve the query is if you avoid joining tables from a linked server with tables from the local database. Unless you can avoid that, the performance won't be optimal.

Can you confirm that the SELECT...INTO statement is the one with the problem?

If it's not, then post DDL for tables involved including indexes and actual execution plan. To know how to do it, check this article: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply