Stored Procedure as Destination. OLEDB vs ADO.NET

• I know I can do this using an OLE DB Command, but I was wondering if its possible to configure an ADO.NET connection and component as a destination?

EXEC dbo.WeatherForecastUpsert ?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?

If it isnt, no worries. I just cant seem to find a way to do it.

• One way you could do this would be to use a recordset destination then follow the data flow with a for each ADO.Net recordset loop. Then use an exec sql task to run the procedure and map the variables into input for the procedure.

• If you want a set of data to be processed by a stored procedure, could you simply load it into a staging table, then run the stored procedure to process those records as a set?  Both your approach and ATW's approach seem to be row by  row processing.

• I agree with Chris on this as well, just trying to give an option that fits with your current pattern.

• Chris Harshman wrote:

If you want a set of data to be processed by a stored procedure, could you simply load it into a staging table, then run the stored procedure to process those records as a set?  Both your approach and ATW's approach seem to be row by  row processing.

Agreed. This is, potentially, a far better approach.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply