Stored proc not getting activated

• Hi all,

I've a queue that gets activated by a stored proc. But the queue is not getting activated by the stored proc. The mesasge is sitting in the queue.

I'm receiving the following error the error logs

The activated proc [dbo].xyz running on queue output the following: 'The database owner SID recorded in the master database differs from the database owner SID recorded in database ''. You should correct this situation by resetting the owner of database '' using the ALTER AUTHORIZATION statement.'

Thanks in advance

• sql server developer (2/17/2009)

Hi all,

I've a queue that gets activated by a stored proc. But the queue is not getting activated by the stored proc. The mesasge is sitting in the queue.

I'm receiving the following error the error logs

The activated proc [dbo].[PW_sp_ProcessRequestMessages_Ultipro] running on queue ULTIPRO_PWILL.dbo.Hub_Target_Hr output the following: 'The database owner SID recorded in the master database differs from the database owner SID recorded in database 'ULTIPRO_PWILL'. You should correct this situation by resetting the owner of database 'ULTIPRO_PWILL' using the ALTER AUTHORIZATION statement.'

I believe that the error message above accurately identifies both the problem and the solution. Did you have some question about that?

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Hi Barry,

The database owner SID recorded in the master database differs from the database owner SID recorded in database ''. You should correct this situation by resetting the owner of database '' using the ALTER AUTHORIZATION statement.

In the above error how can i reset the owner of the database using ALTER AUTHORIZATION?

Can you please explain me in detail or give me the code that changes the owner of the database.

Thanks in advance

• Look up "ALTER AUTHORIZATION" in Books Online. There is both a detailed explanation and a number of examples

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Yes, do what Gail said.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply