stored proc for csv import

• GUys,

I have the following stored proc which I use to export the data to excel spreadsheet.

I need to develop a stored proc to import from 'csv' file, can anyone help me to do so.

CREATE procedure spExport (@date1 varchar(30), @date2 varchar(30)) as

set nocount on

begin

insert into OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',

'Excel 8.0;Database=\\ai-dc1\Project Management I\ADC Customer Central\Cook County IL COK\Excel Export Files\Output.xls;',

'SELECT alpha_doc_num, index_code_id, recorded_date, executiondate, amount FROM [DocumentDetails$]')

select alpha_doc_num, index_code_id, recorded_date, executiondate, amount

from vdocumentsource where recorded_date between @date1 and @date2

'Excel 8.0;Database=\\ai-dc1\Project Management I\ADC Customer Central\Cook County IL COK\Excel Export Files\Output.xls;',

'SELECT alpha_doc_num, name_last, party_type FROM [GrantorGrantees$]')

select alpha_doc_num, name_last, party_type

from ventitysource where seq_key in (select seq_key from vdocumentsource where recorded_date between @date1 and @date2)

'SELECT alpha_doc_num, prop_id FROM [LegalDescription$]') select alpha_doc_num, prop_id

from vlegalsource where seq_key in (select seq_key from vdocumentsource where recorded_date between @date1 and @date2)

end

set nocount off

GO

Also the folder structure has many csv files, I want to be able to import all the csv files. Is there any way to write to a log within the stored proc.

Any suggestions/inputs would help.

Thanks

• Hello there,

This can easily be done using DTS. Check for DTS in books online. Create a package and execute the dts package using DTSrun.

Thanks

Sachin

• Another way:

insert Sheet1A (UW,TYP,D01,D02,D03,D04,D05,D06,D07,D08,D09,D10,D11,D12,D13,D14,D15,D16,D17,D18,D19,D20,D21,D22,D23,D24,TOT)

SELECT *

FROM  OPENROWSET ( 'MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.4.0',

'EXCEL 8.0;HDR=NO;DATABASE=\\SERVERNAME\Reports\UWCounts\UWCOUNTS200608.xls',

'SELECT * FROM  [SHEET1$]')

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply